How to choose the best hotel options or Airbnb

How to choose a good hotel or Airbnb. I often choose based on different key factors, as certain destinations or types of travel lend themselves better to one of the two options.

If I'm planning a weekend in the great outdoors, for example, I'll most likely go with an Airbnb where I can have a good travel experience, rather than stressing out because I've chosen a roadside motel. However, when it's time to put a "totally unwind" and lounge by the pool, I'll stick with the hotel.

At other times, and especially when it comes to cities, it can get tedious. Do I want to live like a neighbor in an apartment or enjoy a swanky hotel For me, the decision typically comes down to price.

Fortunately, a new report from Compare The Market may help you make a decision. The British company known for comparing insurance, credit cards and more analyzed nightly rates for both hotels and Airbnb in 52 popular urban destinations. On average, they found that cheaper hotels existed in only 10 of the 52 cities examined.

The full list of prices was published in pounds, the official currency of the United Kingdom. I've converted those prices to euros with the help of the XE Currency Converter tool to help you choose between these options if you want to visit any of these places.

Read on to find the 10 cities where a hotel is cheaper than Airbnb, including the best deals you should keep in mind the next time you visit the place.